Like anyone with a full time job, I know how difficult it can be to get dinner ready after a long day at the office. Thus one of the things I want to do here is to share the meals Mr. D and I make to help inspire other busy people with delicious and easy to make meals.
Tonight’s dinner has been become a standard here and I often make variations of it. Its tasty, healthy, and Mr D loves it. Best of all, I pulled this together in about 30 minutes.
Spanish Style Rice
- Half a yellow oinon
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- 1/4 teaspoon safforn
- Rice, regular not instand
- Read the cooking directions for your rice and combine the appropriate amounts of rice and water in a pot or rice cooker. Add the peas and saffron. Stir and set aside
- Saute the onion in olive oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Then add onions and oil to the rice.
- Cook the rice according to the directions.
- 1 to 2 fillets tilapia
- cajun seasoning mix
- olive oil
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- If you’re using frozen fish, defrost it at least partially. I put mine in the fridge in the morning.
- Coast the fish with olive oil and seasoning mix. Rub the mixture into the fish.
- Heat a large pan to medium high heat. Add the fish to the pan and then the green beans. Cook the fish for about 4 minutes on each side or until the center of the fish is white. Stir the green beans while the fish is cooking. The cooking time of the fish will vary depending on how defrosted your fish was.